THANK YOU FOR ATTENDING THE STAFF RALLY!
While we were able to talk a little about the Staff Satisfaction Survey results at the Rally, there will be an opportunity to learn more at our ‘town hall’ meetings on Sept. 19 at 6pm in Oconomowoc and Sept. 20 at 6pm in Watertown, where we will review the results in detail. These will be the first of many quarterly town hall meetings at the branches meant to improve communication for all.
In general what we learned from the staff surveys is that people are very satisfied in their work; in fact,
- 100% believe that their contribution at work contributes to the well-being of someone else
- 100% believe in the mission of the YMCA
- 93% say they get more than a paycheck from their work – they get meaning but yet only 58% believe that they are ‘paid fairly’
- 95% say they are likely or very likely to be working at the Y one year from now
That being said we also learned that there are actions to be taken:
- We will complete a compensation and benefits market study for all hourly staff
- We will step up management presence at events, department meetings, and in program
- We will communicate more clearly in onboarding, department meetings, and interdepartmentally
- We will change our name badges and relax our dress code (two changes already implemented).
Click below to see the ‘top box’ scores to every question asked on the survey. These scores represent only the excellent or strongly agree ratings and are helpful when trying to effect/measure change. By comparison the favorability scores are the sum of ALL favorable scores.
NOW AVAILABLE: EMPLOYEE TIMECARD ACCESS ON-LINE
CLICK HERE for instructions.
Have you changed your address or email?
Update your address or contact information with Human Resources by clicking here.