In my experience running on a treadmill is the single worst portion of my year -- excluding doctor appointments that end in “-ectomy”. In order to gut my way through a treadmill run I have developed a system of counting songs and increasing speed to help keep me stay engaged, progressing forward, and stop any psychological breakdowns from occurring. Here is the hack:
What you need:
- Portable music device with jams.
- Headphone to listen to your jams.
- Small Towel
- Start off on a easy warm-up pace with the Treadmill
- Listen to one song
- When next song start increase your treadmill speed by 1 increment of Speed from the treadmill setting.
- Count up to a comfortable pace with this system of “speed to song” count until you are “maxed out”, than count down.
- Keep your treadmill’s “distance covered” portion covered with a towel.
- Crisis averted.
This blog entry has no comments.